There are more than 250 free wi-fi hot spots in Paris, supplied by the city. These include parks, libraries and town halls.
You simply need to look out for the symbol above.
Of course hanging out in parks and libraries is not always convenient but if this is your only option, the details are below.
However, if you would prefer constant connectivity, please take a look at my findings on Using Your Mobile Phone in Paris and Unlimited Data in Paris
pronounced wee – fee. Can also be found in many cafés, bars, restaurants, museums and department stores around Paris. In a café, generally you need to ask if they have wee – fee and they will give you a code. Listed below are some places you may like to use.
But firstly, here is how to use the free city service.
Look out for this logo
Follow the steps below
- Select the Orange (the telecommunications network) on your device
- Go to a browser and select any network address
- This will automatically take you to the access portal
- When you are on the service homepage, click SELECT YOUR PASS
- The home page of the Paris Wi-Fi access portal will reload
- An internet confirmation message will appear and show how much connection time you have left.
- Each session lasts for 2 hours
- Once this has expired you can reconnect again by repeating the connection process.
Now you can use free internet for two hours!
Some places where you can find the free city wi-fi
- Foyer of the Pompidou Centre MAP
- McDonald’s Louvre-Rivoli: 184 rue de Rivoli, Métro Louvre Rivoli, Pyramides MAP
- Square Jean XXIII – the park behind the Notre Dame MAP
- Square du Temple: 64 rue de Bretagne, Metro Temple MAP
- Square Louis XIII- Place des Vosges: Place des Vosges, Metro Saint-Paul MAP
- McDonald’s Opera: 34 boulevard des Italiens, Metro Opera MAP
- McDonald’s Bonne Nouvelle: 2 boulevard Poissonnière, Metro Bonne Nouvelle MAP
- McDonald’s Grands Boulevards: 20 boulevard Montmartre, Métro Richelieu Drouot MAP
- Le Contrescarpe: 57, rue Lacépède, Metro Place Monge MAP
- L’Autre Bistrot: 22, rue des Ecoles, 75005 Paris, Metro Maubert Mutualité MAP
- McDonald’s St-Germain: 98 boulevard Saint Germain, Métro Cluny La Sorbonne MAP
- Square des Arènes de Lutèce: 51 rue Monge, Metro Place Monge MAP
- McDonald’s Luxembourg: 65 boulevard Saint Michel, Métro (RER) Luxembourg MAP
Near the Eiffel Tower
- Parc du Champ de Mars (near Eiffel Tower: 2 allée Adrienne Lecouvreur, Metro Ecole Militaire MAP
- Jardin Catherine Laboure: 33 rue de Babylone, Metro Francois Xavier MAP
Just remember to look out for the logo
More places to find free wi-fi:
Quite a lot of a cafés offer free wi-fi, you normally just need to ask for a code but here are a few others places
Pompidou Centre Foyer – free to enter
Fondation Louis Vuitton – admission charge
Charles de Gaulle Airport
You may find this cheap app useful, it works without internet connection and lists cafés with free wi-fi.
If fumbling around with free wi-fi is not your thing and you would rather enjoy the freedom of inexpensive paid plans, take a look at my posts on Using Your Mobile Phone in Paris and Unlimited Data in Paris
If you found this information useful, please thank me by leaving a comment or following me on facebook where you will find daily photos, tips and anecdotes.
You may also like to explore:
- How to Use the Paris MetroLearn how to use the Paris Metro and look like a local. Detailed tips on how to purchase tickets and navigate the underground.
- Using Your Mobile Phone in ParisFinally by trial and error, I have discovered the best product that suits my needs and hopefully, you too will find this information useful.
- Unlimited Data in ParisParis without data is no fun, if your phone is locked or not, this is the solution to stay connected in Paris complete with free delivery.
- Scams & Annoyances in ParisWith a few tips and tricks under your belt, hopefully you won't fall prey to the opportunistic scams that take place in Paris.
- How to Find Your Way Around ParisWith a Paper Map. Learn about Arrondissements with this handy pocket sized map book. I will take you step by step how to use it.
- Free Wi-Fi In ParisThere are more than 250 free wi-fi hot spots in Paris supplied by the city. These include parks, libraries and town halls, not always convenient but possible.