Unlimited Data in Paris
No doubt you have trawled the internet searching for data options in Paris that isn’t going to break the bank.
Join the club.
I have tried just about everything under the sun.
Including a month in Paris without mobile data, restricting me to free wi-fi and I was not a happy traveller.
Another time, frustrated, I loaded up my phone with €50.00 of data and decided to hang the expense only to discover two days later I had ran out of credit.
That was until I discovered Insidr. Well to be honest they found me and offered a free trial.
With the promise of a bright shiny new LG smart phone, loaded with not only the usual apps but also their own, unlimited data, hot-spot capabilities and even free delivery.
Sceptical but intrigued, I agreed to give it a test run.
Sounds too good to be true? Nope, it is the real deal!
With so many unfavourable options out there all designed to relieve us of our hard earned cash, leaving behind many disgruntled travellers, I am surprised someone didn’t come up with this simple yet clever concept earlier.
Let me take you through it and give you a little insight into the team behind this brainchild.
Widely travelled Parisians and brother and sister team Ben and Nina saw a gaping hole, whereby unsuspecting tourists to Paris were being unnecessarily fleeced and taken advantage of simply because they wanted connectivity to add to their Parisian holiday experience.
Whether it be the exorbitant rates charged for mobile and data usage or for many, especially Americans, unable to unlock their phones. Therefore in late 2015 Insidr was born, with some pleasant added surprises.
(I hope they don’t mind me adding this photo I snapped of them when I returned the device but their enthusiasm and genuine endeavour to help tourists enjoy Paris is infectious)
WHAT YOU GET
Apart from the usual apps also included but not limited to is; WhatsApp, Google Maps, City Mapper, G7 English Speaking Taxi Service and their own specially designed applications with the tourist in mind.
Their recommended cafés, restaurants, bars etc which can be searched by areas are second to none that only a local would know about, including tips on the best way to avoid lines and the lesser known entrances into museums and what we all really want:
LG smartphone in a soft pouch (which can be blue-toothed to your own device)
Unlimited 4G data
Insured Against Theft & Damage Included
And a very special and unique feature that I love, The Paris Angels.
If you encounter a problem, need someone to book a restaurant for you, need a nightspot recommendation for example or some general advice, you can contact one of their many ‘Paris Angels’ via WhatsApp and an Angel will promptly respond to your request.
And all of this will be presented to you together with instruction booklets, postcards a charger etc., in a stylish box that would rival Apple’s packaging.
HOW IT WORKS
Go to the Insidr Website
Click on the Book Now button
Select a package:
- 1-3 days €29.00
- 4-7 days €45.00
- 8 days or more €6.00 euros per day
Click on the Book Now button – where you will be taken to a secure site
Fill in your email and phone number
Fill out your name
Select the begin and end dates you require the phone
Provide an address where you would like the device delivered to, this maybe your hotel, apartment, a café, in fact anywhere in Paris you choose.
Select the time of delivery
Check the boxes for your interests, this will help them recommend places of interest especially for you
Fill out your billing details.
That’s it, as soon as you arrive in Paris, you are connected.
Although Insidr offered me their device for a one week free trial, which turned into three weeks, it was merely to test how user friendly it was for a non Parisian but I have to admit, I didn’t want to return it.
No wonder they take a deposit to ensure its return.
Apart from the free use for three weeks, I am not affiliated with them in any way, or receive any kick back or gifts.
I am simply so excited to finally find a way to have unlimited data when I visit Paris without it costing me an arm and a leg and thought you may find it useful too.
Insidr – Offical Website
Insidr – Features link to their website
If you have found this information helpful, please thank me by leaving a comment or following me on facebook, where I share daily photos, tips and anecdotes.
Merci and Happy Travels.
Discover Paris Adèle’s Secrets:
- Square de MontsourisA hidden jewel, begging to be discovered. Eclectic maisons wrapped in greenery, unseen by most tourists to Paris.
- La GalcanteVintage periodicals and books fill this small quirky, off the beaten path shop in a secluded courtyard where you may find the perfect Parisian souvenir.
- Lavirotte Building and Square RappExquisite Art Nouveau building with one of the most beautiful doors in Paris & a tiny square that offers a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower.
- Secret Garden Hôpital Hôtel-DieuA secret garden in an unusual location, right in the centre of Paris that thousands of tourists pass by each day without knowing it exists.
- Belle Époque BrothelsLavish brothels dotted around Paris during the Belle Epoque were easily identifiable, some relics exist today, if you know what to look for.
- Passage de l’AncreWho would know a delightful, tranquil little piece of paradise could be hidden away behind an unassuming crooked doorway in the heart of Paris.
- Rue CrémieuxA tiny paved street, that oozes charm, lined with pretty colourful houses that will take your breath away, still one of Paris' best kept secrets.
- Musée des Arts ForainsTransport yourself back in time. Ride spectacular antique carousels, play ancient fair-ground games and admire colourful memorabilia.
- Villa Olivier-MétraPretty cottages with colourful shutters line this serene leafy path with quaint personal touches added by residents who have a playful sense of humour.
- Bibliothèque Sainte-GenevièveA remarkable and historic reading room with its spectacular ceiling, books lining the vast long walls and rows of green reading lamps.
- St. Sergius Orthodox Theological InstituteHidden away on a leafy hill is the oldest Russian Orthodox Theological Institute in Western Europe.
- Restaurant Foyer de la MadeleineLurking deep in the cellars of L’église Sainte-Marie-Madeleine is one of Paris' best kept secrets, Restaurant Foyer de la Madeleine.
- Bibliothèque RichelieuMillions of books line the walls of this historic library under monumental ceilings and finally, it is open to the public.
- An Angel in ParisSoaring high above, with it's delicate wings nestled under a fourth floor balcony and yet remarkably this rare Paris secret often goes unnoticed.
- The Secret PassageThis lush and adorably sweet top secret passageway is a pure delight. Let me show you where to find it and how to gain entry. But sssh ... it's our secret.
- Passage BoudinCreeping vines, colourful flower boxes and an unusual semi-circular building that would be more at home in the Mediterranean is just some things you will find.
- Cité FloraleA secret micro village hidden away, in a small pocket, off the beaten path in the 13th arrondissement of Paris. Discover why it is called the Floral City.
- La Butte aux CaillesA secret hideway with cobbled streets, a sweet village square, interesting street art and friendly, affordable cafés, tucked away in the 13th arrondissement.
- Rue de MouzaïaOff the beaten path, Rue de Mouzaia will make you feel blessed that you discovered this secret hideaway and it’s surrounds in the 19th arrondissement.
- Rue des ThermopyleApart from locals taking a short-cut, or Parisians on a quiet stroll, what you will find here is a wisteria filled, rustic cobbled pathway.
- Square Saint-Gilles Grand VeneurHidden away behind the Hôtel du Grand Veneur in the Marais is a little known secret square with a surprising artistic connection.
- Salvador Dali SundialMany people pass this hidden gem by Salvador Dali tucked away on the Left Bank of Paris unaware that they only need to look up.